A strategic session for innovative clusters was held in Moscow
On 17 January the Higher School of Economics hosted the strategic session “Implementing territorial clusters’ strategies, and advanced tools to help accelerate regional technological development”, organised by the Ministry of Economic Development jointly with RVC JSC and HSE.
The session began with a meeting focused on innovative territorial clusters’ development chaired by Artem Shadrin, Director of the Strategic Development and Innovation Department of the RF Ministry of Economic Development. Leading innovative clusters presented their achievements and projects, and development plans for 2019 laid down in their roadmaps.
The key speakers included:
- Vadim Medvedev, Director of the Department for Special Programmes, Development of State Research Centres, and Science Towns of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science;
- Alexei Gusev, Director for the Innovation Ecosystem Development at RVC JSC;
- Anton Yanovskiy, Managing Director at the Technology Development Agency;
- Dan Medovnikov, Director of the HSE Institute of Innovation Management;
- Sergey Leshchenko, Deputy Director, Strategic Development and Innovation Department;
- Olga Andersen, Head of the Technological Infrastructure Support Department, Moscow Innovation Agency;
- Olga Kochetkova, Deputy Director, Strategic Development and Innovation Department.
During the plenary session the prospects for establishing innovative S&T centres (“technology valleys”) in innovative clusters were discussed, along with mechanisms for integrating promising regional projects in the STI system, implementing a programme to support regional champions, and various specific aspects of managing intellectual property.
During the second part of the event a brainstorming session was held to suggest ways to promote regional innovative clusters’ further technological development along with demand for innovative products; implement a programme to support regional champions; manage IP rights; and promote emergence of “technology valleys” based on innovative clusters.
Watch a video of the strategic session on the Russian Cluster Observatory YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX507BRqlqs&list=PLil-Qdsp4o1Xg-HxGWvGZXZnNE5iHQ5U5
Source: Russian Cluster Observatory